We are dedicated to building a diverse, fun work environment, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring.
IT Support Technician
Synq Access + Security Technology – Victoria, BC
We are a fast paced Technology company focused on security and improving the physical retail experience.
$20 an hour
- Provide remote and on site support of installed software and hardware.
- Maintain performance of client and office systems and networks.
- Provide support to clients to ensure their IT needs are met.
- Remotely support our Installation techs with software configuration and troubleshooting.
- Assist with on site install and setup as needed
- Good Customer service and communication skills, You need to be able to be conversewith people who have a wide range of technical ability.
- Strong Technical Skills, knowledge of networking, Windows systems, and the ability to troubleshoot issues. Knowledge of Linux a plus.
- Excellent Writing Skills, much of your communication will be over email, you need to be able to get your point across with the written word.
- Google Fu, if you do not know the answer to a question you should be able to look for it.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license.
- Ability to travel outside Victoria for on site visits. Some trips require an overnight stay.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team, as well as be able to work alone.
- Willing to get ascissor lift ticket and use some power tools.
- A+, Network+, CCENT, MCSE or similar.
- Familiarity with Mikrotik routers, D-link Switches, Windows 10, and Linux.
- Security license.
- Previous Helpdesk, Sysadmin, or IT support Experience.
- Comfortable using CLI’s such as cmd and bash.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- IT Support: 1 year (Preferred)
Synq Access + Security Technology – Vancouver, BC
$22 – $25 an hour
Who we are:
SYNQ is a state of the art security technology company specializing in retail environments. We offer unique innovative products and loss prevention solutions to our customers. We’re a small business fast-growing company based out of Victoria, British Columbia and are now expanding to the Mainland. We’re looking for an experienced Installer Technician who can be easily trained to complete installations in various locations across British Columbia.
Learn more about us at http://home.synqtech.com
– You have a flexible schedule and enjoy going to different locations within BC and are comfortable working within different environments in the field.
– You conduct yourself professionally on job sites and make sure our customers are completely satisfied with the product and installation experience.
– You’re a self-starter and a quick problem solver who can complete work by set deadlines.
– You have some experience with running Cat5e wire, and/or installation of CCTV equipment.
– Installation experience is required. However, training will be provided on our products, so is the perfect opportunity for someone interested in getting on the job training and experience in the security technology field.
Responsibilities and Duties
What you’ll do:
– EAS gate installation
– Network setup and server installation
– Monitor and media player display installation
– CCTV Camera Installation and networking
– Operating scissor lifts
– Running of twisted Cat5e wire
– Providing customer service and training to clients
– Attending service calls and making necessary adjustments to camera systems
– Picking up parts and supplies for installation and making occasional deliveries
What you need:
– Relevant experience in technology installation of cameras, security systems, or similar
– Experience using basic power tools
– Class 5 Driver’s license
– Ability to obtain a security license and scissor lift safety certificate
– Ability to work independently and as a part of a team to complete projects efficiently and on time
– Ability to learn new technology quickly and basic computer literacy
– Travelling to various job locations for 1-5 days at a time
– Networking, troubleshooting, and problem-solving
– Experience with TeamViewer preferred
What’s in it for you:
– Starting wage of $22.00 – $25.00/hr (based on experience) with a review after 3 months
– Company benefits package
– Company provided vehicle
– Company provided mobile phone
– Company provided job tools
– Company provided uniform
– Training in the latest EAS and CCTV technology
– Room for advancement
– Travel expenses paid while on jobs (daily per diem)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Installation: 1 year (Preferred)
Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive.